Saturday, January 24, 2009

The twit and her twat

The buzz the other day was that Katy Perry had taken a vow of celibacy for the rest of 2009. (She recently split with her boyfriend.)

In case you're wondering, Katy Perry is that twit who sings that AWFUL "I Kissed A Girl" song.

"I’ve actually taken a vow of celibacy this year," she told TV Guide. "No kissing anyone. Just my cat, Kitty Purry.”

Big effing deal, I thought. Just what the world needs, another role model for young girls. God forbid there actually be a wholesome one, right?

But, wait! It turns out she was just kidding.

"That was a joke!" she said “And any fine journalist would have gotten that joke and inserted that in the context. I’m not going to be celibate, I guess I’m just going to be looking for the right one. But please! Celibacy for a whole year?! I’d rather die! That’s just how the media works. I’m a continual prankster and a jokester, and people forget that you have to interpret that if I’m telling a joke."


Ha ha. very funny

No comments:

Post a Comment