Saturday, January 24, 2009

Let's do the time warp again!!!!

I'll skip the commentary. I'll just give you a transcript of the phone call I got today while I was on the air:

Me: Q 106

Caller: Hey, man! I was caller 27, but I think I got disconnected. I heard the other guy won, but I was just wondering (pause) if I was caller 27 when you were like "Hey, so what's happenin'?"

Me: Huh?

Caller: You said, "Hey, what's happenin'?" and then I got disconnected.

Me: No. I would've said what number you were and then went on to the next one (caller). So ah....

Caller: (interrupting) Oh, okay. How late you gonna- is this like Craig, or no?

Me: I'm sorry?

Caller: This ain't Craig is it?

(long pause)

Me: You have the wrong station, dude.

Caller: Is this Q 106?

Me: Yeah.

Caller: Oh, all right. (slurs) I won a party cruise- Craig VanDell back in '84 or so. I wasn't sure if he was still...

Me: (interrupting) Yeah, that was 25 years ago, dude.

Caller: Well, you know... (muttering) well you know....we're all... we all get older but we (pause) (inaudible) (sighs)

Me: All right, dude. See ya!

Caller: (muttering) Q 106 has bee....

Me: hang up

2 comments: