Monday, February 9, 2009

Axl speaks


So, we waited 17 years for a new Guns N' Roses album. (I'm not counting The Spaghetti Incident? Duh.) It's been almost a decade since Axl has been involved with a major interview. He recently answered some questions for billboard.com


Axl talks about tour plans, his feelings on GN'R's record label, Best Buy and shares his thoughts on a reunion with the original GN'R.


Is there any chance you'll work with the former members of Guns N' Roses in the future?

I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy [Stradlin] or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff [McKagan], but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me.

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

Give me a f***ing break. What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.

There are acts that, once committed between individuals, they are what they are. To add insult to injury almost day after day, lapsing into year after year, for more than a decade, is a nightmare. Anyone putting his own personal entertainment above everything else is sickening.


No sugar coating here!

No comments:

Post a Comment