Thursday, February 19, 2009

come on

There are three big bands from the '70s (who never really went away) that are still kicking and planning to release new music in 2009.

Aerosmith:






I'm not sure why, really. They haven't had a good album in ages. I'd say that 1993's Get a Grip was probably it for them. I guess it gives them a reason to keep touring, though.




Van Halen:






What was wrong with Van Hagar? For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge was the last golden one for them. Sammy left in 1995 and Dave returned (for a mere moment)! Then they got that dude from Extreme. (?) Then they went without a singer for a long time. Then Sammy was back. Then Dave was back! And then Eddie's son was in the band! Now that they have a lineup, and a successful "reunion" tour (actually 2 reunion tours) behind them, it's time for new music. Really? Okay, if you say so, Eddie.




KISS:





What's missing in the KISS merchandise department? Of course! A new KISS album! Duh! KISS hasn't had a new album since 1998's Psycho Circus, the first studio album since putting the makeup back in 1996. It was decent, at best. Don't get me wrong, I am a KISS fan. It might be nice to hear new music. I just figured they would tour the rest of their career. All they've released in the past decade is a box set and several best of CDs. Really, how many KISS CDs do I need with Lick It Up on them? They're far from broke, so it's not (just) about the money. Maybe they have something to prove? I'll let you know when I figure out what that is. (By the way, there was nothing wrong with the non makeup KISS. Revenge was that era's best album. They could have easily stopped there, or kept going in that direction. Too late now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment