Sunday, February 15, 2009

Friday the 13th

Over the years, I've grown fond of slasher flicks (most notably the Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th movies). There's no particular reason other than I find them amusing. These movies are entertaining to me. Freddy, Michael and Jason are all A-Ok in my book.

When I first heard that the new Friday the 13th movie was going to be a reboot, I was disappointed. Why not make a Friday the 13th Part 12? Why not have Jason somehow be alive yet again? But then I thought, they put Jason in space in the last one, there's not much more they can do with the story from that point. After Freddy vs. Jason, all was quiet on the Crystal Lake front.

29 years after the original Friday the 13th was shown in theaters, the new Friday the 13th re-introduces Jason Voorhees.

I was pleased. This was a good movie. The writers took some elements from the first 4 Friday the 13th films, sprinkled them in, and came up with a great film for 2009. This was much better than the Halloween remake.

There was no complicated origin. We know who Jason is and why he kills. Yes, we know who's going to die (or do we?). The film is simple enough to follow, yet is still full of some scares and a good story. Is there plenty of blood? Sure! Is there cheesy dialogue? OF COURSE!! Are there titties? You have to ask? It's a SLASHER FLICK! Actually, it's a FRIDAY THE 13TH film!!!! I'll say this: the titties were "spectacular". Go see the movie to find out what that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment